This is yet more news that many of us have been waiting for. The following is the text from an internal MINIUSA document about the official US 2005 model Cabrio specs. You can altertively download the document (PDF format) here however all info is listed below as well.
“Both cars receive the facelift features of the corresponding hardtops referenced in Bulletin PB 5-12-04, but there is MORE! The convertibles also have a significant number of unique features:
- Fully automatic convertible top with heated glass rear window, easy load feature, drop down tailgate and a sunroof seen on the right.
- Rear Roll Hoops and a reinforced A pillar for added roll over protection.
- Reinforced frame for safety.
- Side Thorax airbags in the sides of the front seats that protect not only the bodies, but also the heads of the driver and front passenger.
For MY 05, the Cooper and Cooper S Convertible will have the following exterior colors and upholstery options:
- 668 – Jet Black
- 851 – Chili Red
- 902 – Liquid Yellow
- A24 – Purple Haze
- A25 – Astro Black (Cooper Conv. ONLY)
- A26 – Hot Orange
- A27 – Cool Blue
- A28 – Hyper Blue available immediately for Cooper S Convertible. Available in 1/05 for the Cooper Convertible.
- 859 – Solid Gold (Cooper Conv. ONLY)
- 871 – Dark Silver (Cooper S Conv. ONLY)
- 895 – British Racing Green
- 900 – Pure Silver
- Additionally there are three soft-top colors: Black which is standard, 391Dark Blue and 392 Dark Green
Additionally, the following upholsteries will be available for the interior:
- T3CB ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Cordoba Beige Leather
- T6LP ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Dark Blue Leather
- T6PN ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Panther Black Leather
- FEDC ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Sunrise/Dark Blue Cloth/Leather Combo available on Sport Seats. The sunrise fabric is water resistant. Perfect for a convertible.
- K7PN ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Black Leatherette /w black interior
- K7TV ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Gray Leatherette/w black interior
- AHPN ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Octagon Panther Black Cloth w/Black Interior (Not Available on Cooper S Conv)
- S4PN ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Space Gray/Panther Black Cloth
Just like the hardtops, there are a variety of options to enhance the vehicles.
- 2TA – Limited Slip Differential will be available starting 1/05 for the Cooper S Convertible
- 205/202 ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Automatic Transmission w/Steptronic paddles will be available starting 1/05 for the Cooper S Convertible
- 345 ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Chrome Line Interior: This includes chromed rings around all gauges, bezels around the hazard light button and the dash light dimmer, inserts on the handbrake and a rings around the gearshift and front and rear cup holders. This can be seen below.
- 346 ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Chrome Line Exterior: On the Cooper Convertible this includes 1 chrome strip integrated into the front bumper, 2 chrome strips for the rear bumper, fog light surrounds and chrome roll hoop covers. On the Convertible S chromed roll hoops are standard, so the chrome pack consists of chromed radiator grill slats and a chromed tailgate handle. Chromed mirror caps and tailgate hinges are included in both kits.
- 405 ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Chrome Mirror Caps and tailgate hinges- Same as in 346, but available separately.
- 473 ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Center Arm Rest (Available 1/05)
- 547 ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ Cockpit Chrono Pack. This is a new gauge cluster that replaces the center speedometer that moves to the steering column. The new gauges are Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Fuel Level and Radiator Temp. The Chrono Pack requires the On-Board Computer.
- 318- Interior Surface Body Color. Now the dash and door panels are available in Hot Orange, Cool Blue, Hyper Blue, Chili Red and Liquid Yellow.
The Convenience Combo pack will also be available for the convertibles and there will be special Premium and Sport packages for the convertibles:
- ZPP Premium Pack which includes: (319) Cruise Control/Multi Function Steering Wheel (345) Chrome Line Interior (473) Center Arm Rest (Phase in 1/05) If this pack is ordered before 1/05, the Center Arm Rest will be omitted. (534) Automatic AC (550) On-Board computer (674) Harmon/Kardon Sound System
- ZSP Sport Pack which includes: (210) DSC (368) 16ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ 5-Star wheels w/performance tires (Cooper Conv.) (2CM) 17ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ 5-spoke Bullet wheels w/performance tires (Cooper S Conv.) (502) Headlamp Power Wash (520) Front Fog Lamps (522) Xenon Headlights (327) / (329) White or Black bonnet stripes if the customer desires.
Please note that the Rear Fog Light will be blanked off with a plastic insert as the position of the light is currently not legal in CA or OR. We encourage you to address your customerÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½s Rear Fog Light needs with a dealer installed accessory kit.
All of these new features will meld nicely with the new convertibles making one very enticing drop top. Pricing will be announced shortly. Ordering guides and all updates are now available on MINIDealerNet.com.”
Note: the numbers after each bullet indicate the MINIUSA order code.
Just a clarification: it appears that Hyperblue is available for the MCS and MCS convertible starting in July and not available on either Cooper model until 1/05.