There's a great thread at North American Motoring going on right now about dislikes and likes of the 2005 changes. I thought it would be an interesting topic to hear other people's opinions on. And with the first deliveries going on this weekend I thought it would be a good as time as ever to discuss this topic.
So from the vantage point of someone who owns an early 2002 MINI here are a few on my list:
- The clock integrated into the speedometer – presumable hard to read.
- Limited use of the door storage space due to the new armrests.
- rear blank plate in place of the rear foglight (US only) – I have a feeling that dealer optional rear foglight kit will be popular!
Neither a hit or a miss:
- New facia on the Cooper – while I don't mind it I thought the original was a cheeky nod to the past. I'll miss it.
- New interior lighting near the rearview mirror. And that's plus the current lights in the middle of the car!
- additional sunvisors.
- Real armrests integrated into the doors.
- New Getrag 5-speed in the Cooper.
- 7HP extra in the MCS/better gearing on the Getrag manual.
- Limited Slip Differential available on the MCS.
- Interior chrome pack.
- Exterior chrome pack on the MCS.
I imagine this will change somewhat as I see more of the 2005s on the road and get to experience some of the new features first hand.
So… What's on your list?