Update: We’ve got photos and new info below!
Despite 2006 being the last year for the current generation MINI, JCW has a few new products in the pipeline for the venerable R50 and R53. Beyond the highly anticipated JCW MCSa Engine kit, JCW will be releasing a new collection of interior accessories:
- Leather Dash (with contrast stitching in a variety of colors)
- Leather Trim (shift ring, cub holder surround) [photo]
- Carbon Fiber Trim (shift ring, cub holder surround)
- Leather and Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel [photo]
- Carbon Fiber and Alcantara Steering Wheel [photo]
- Leather and Carbon Fiber Shift Knob and boot
- Carbon Fiber Shift Knob and Alcantara boot [photo]
- Carbon Fiber E-Brake handle and Leather sleeve
- Carbon Fiber E-Brake handle and Alcantara sleeve
- Carbon Fiber Down-tubes [photo]
- Leather Down-tubes
- Alcantara JCW Sport Seats (most likely not coming to the US)
- JCW Indoor and Outdoor Car Cover [photo]
- Checkered Flag Floor Mats [photo]
Interestingly we got this email from Juan Coles a few weeks back:
Last week I was on the John Cooper Works website and I saw a few items that have since been removed for some reason. The items I noticed were a new alacantara seat, carbon fiber dash tower pieces, carbon fiber shift knob, alacantara steering wheel with carbon fiber and carbon fiber trim and stick shift rings. Has anyone seen these items or know what they are? And if so where did they go?
Good question Juan. I’d guess that someone pulled the trigger a few weeks early and quickly realized the mistake as that vaguely matches what we’ve been hearing about the 2006 JCW products.
When you combine these new accessories with the just released R105 18″ wheels and the JCW rear spoiler, 2006 would seem to be another banner year for JCW. Prices and availability information should be coming in the weeks ahead.
(Big thanks to Marc for the pics)