Phil Wicks of the North American MINI Cooper Championship series are scheduled to announce an affliation with UK based MINI Challenge (formerly the John Cooper Challenge) to organize and direct a MINI Cooper racing series in the United States starting in 2006 next week. Phil will also be in attendance at Great & British Motorsport Festival Media Day at Brands Hatch (24.02.06) to answer questions and provide information pertaining to the launch of the North American MINI Cooper Championship in 2006.
Among the announcements:
- 2006 Series will take place with five races on the series calendar with additional events to be announced.
- UK Champion will receive an entry into one round of the US series as part of the Series award package. Similarly, the U.S. Champion will be entitled to compete in one round of the UK series.
- Series administration, the Director of Racing will be managed by Pete Taylor
- Series marketing managed by Brian Mackey of Mackey Marketing Group, Inc.
- US Rules integrated with UK series enabling UK entrants to compete in US series
Also recently announced is the race schedule for both series. As usual the track line-up is filled with some pretty impressive names like Brands Hatch and Spa Francorchamps on the UK side, and Laguna Seca and Sebring in the US. You can read all the details below:[ 2006 Calendar ] MINI Challenge (UK) [ 2006 Calendar ] North American Mini Championship Race Series
And for some inspiration be sure to check out the photo gallery from previous years of the John Cooper Challenge.