Last week we told you about MINI USA’s latest special edition MINI, the Laurel Sport. This week we actually have our first look at the car. The Laurel Sport will be produced in very limited quantities; 100 R56 hatches, 100 R55 Clubman and 100 R57 convertibles.
The idea is to combine sporty components with exclusive accessories meant to evoke a classic British style. The John Cooper Works Aero Kit, the MINI driving lights, the black 17â€ Alloy Wheels and the black Mirror Caps give you the sport. The Laurel Sport Edition Door Sills, Side Scuttles and Stripes on the Bonnet, Tailgate, Roof and Side Panel emphasize the British heritage of the breed. In our mind this is one of the better “off the shelf” limited edition models MINI has come up with yet. Yes it’s not a model with new technology or unique colors. But it’s a great value with the combined options and plenty rare. Here’s the full rundown of what comes with the car:
– Pepper White (850)
– Roof in Body Color (R55/R56)
– Black Leatherette
– Sport Package (Black 17â€ Wheels)
– Xenon Headlights
– Dynamic Traction Control
– White turn-signals
– Automatic Climate Control
– Harman Kardon Premium Sound
– Bluetooth and USB/iPod Adapter
Once in the US, the following accessories are added at the port rounding out the look of the car:
– John Cooper Works Aero Kit painted in Pepper White (R55, R57)
– John Cooper Works Aero Kit painted in Pepper White with Wheel Arches in body color (R56)
– MINI Driving Lamps in Black
– Jet Black Mirror Caps
– Laurel Sport Edition Side Scuttles
– Laurel Sport Edition Door Sills
– Laurel Sport Edition Bonnet, Roof and Tailgate Stripes
– Laurel Sport Edition Side Panel Stripes
A) summer configuration: 17â€ Black Web Spoke with Performance Tires (2RW) or B) winter configuration: 17â€ Black Crown Spoke (2RP, 2RV) with All-Season Tires (927) and Cold Weather Package (ZCW â€“ 313 Power Folding Mirrors, 314 Heated Mirrors and Washer Jets, 494 Heated Seats)
Note configuration A) or B) depend on the Dealer/Region.
As you would expect this will be a relatively high MSRP vehicle. But a closer look at the specifics reveals that MINI has created a pretty good buy with combining relatively popular options and accessories and then discounting the total by rolling it into the final price of the car. So with that said here are the MSRPs of each vehicle:
– $29,695 (MINI Cooper S Hardtop, R56)
– $31,445 (MINI Cooper S Clubman, R55)
– $34,545 (MINI Cooper S Convertible, R57)
(Including $700 for destination & handling)
Of course some dealers may option or different option locally so this price may vary slightly. For instance surely there will be a few dealers that want sunroofs in their cars and others that want to see the JCW suspension.
Look for the cars to be delivered to dealers in March and April of this year.