MINI has announced that September 18th is the official day the new 2011 MINI range will be on-sale throughout the world. To celebrate MINI has released yet more footage (this time all Cooper models!) of the new cars driving around Hamburg Germany. As always if you want to know anything and everything about the 2011 refreshed range be sure to check out 2011 LCI section out.
If you want to the cheat sheet, here’s a quick recap of 2011 refresh:
– The MINI model family is sharpening up its act in terms of design, driving fun, efficiency and individuality. With the MINI, MINI Clubman and MINI Convertible, the only maker of independently developed premium small cars will continue to boast both the most varied and most appealing model range in the segment. Nine years after its relaunch, the inimitable essence of MINI can be seen both in the new MINI family and in the imminent arrival of the next model designed exclusively for the brand: the MINI Countryman. The new MINI family, the MINI Countryman and the further additions to the range scheduled to arrive in the near future will see MINI strengthen its position as the original premium small car maker.
– Eye-catching design modifications, additional engine variants, an all-new selection of diesel engines and innovative new equipment features give the MINI family fresh impetus to continue its history of success in the small car segment. The changes introduced for the MINI, MINI Clubman and MINI Convertible underpin both the unique premium character of the brand and the leading position in the marketplace of each individual model in terms of driving fun and efficiency. The range of typically MINI customisation options available for the cars â€“ which are each built precisely according to customer specifications â€“ is more appealing and extensive than ever.
– At the global market launch of the new MINI family on 18 September 2010 the range of engines for the MINI, MINI Clubman and MINI Convertible will include a brace of all-new diesel units in addition to the extensively upgraded petrol variants already available. The four-cylinder units stand out with their greater pulling power, efficiency and smoothness â€“ qualities developed on the back of the BMW Groupâ€™s outstanding expertise in the field of engine development. Added to which, far-reaching MINIMALISM technology helps to reduce fuel consumption and emissions. The new MINI One D (66 kW/90 hp) and new MINI Cooper D (82 kW/112 hp) set a new benchmark in efficiency with average fuel consumption of 3.8 litres per 100 kilometres (74.3 mpg imp) in the EU5 test cycle and CO2 emissions of 99 g/km. The variety within the model range is broadened further by the new MINI One D Clubman and the new MINI Cooper D Convertible, the first ever open-top MINI with a diesel engine.
– The modified design of the MINI, MINI Clubman and MINI Convertible accurately showcases the increased sporting potential of the three models through a number of details. At the same time, a selection of clever touches, together with new wheel variants, paint finishes and optional extras, accentuate both the elegance and premium character of the MINI family. The new geometry of the front bumper on each model allows them to meet increasingly stringent pedestrian protection requirements even more effectively. All models come with LEDs for the rear lights, as well as the dynamic brake light function.
– Inside the cars, the newly designed controls for the audio and air conditioning systems ensure optimised functionality and ergonomics. The cutting-edge exclusivity of the interior is further underlined by extremely harmonious colours and high-quality materials. The model-specific selection of seat upholstery, trim elements and Colour Lines has also been extensively updated.
– An array of new exterior paint finishes and wheel designs is available for the MINI, MINI Clubman and MINI Convertible to complement their refreshed styling. Chili Red is now available â€“ exclusively for the MINI John Cooper Works and MINI John Cooper Works Clubman â€“ as a contrast colour for the roof and exterior mirror caps. Meanwhile, three â€œdesign worldsâ€ â€“ Rally, Classic and Scene â€“ have been introduced to underpin configurations tailored to the customerâ€™s personal style. Each comprises a carefully coordinated combination of body paint finish, roof colour, wheel design, upholstery, trim elements, Colour Line and other visual features. The design worlds represent a recommendation from the MINI design team and lend the car an extremely coherent character. Additional â€“ and almost limitless â€“ customisation can be achieved by varying the individual components of each design world and by adding further equipment items and accessories to the mix.
– All models come with innovative equipment features aimed at enhancing comfort, safety and the trademark MINI personality. For example, the optional xenon headlights can be ordered with black headlight reflectors or the Adaptive Headlights function, while an automatic dimming function is available for both the rear-view and exterior mirrors, and the optional ambient lighting uses a trio of LEDs to provide a broad spectrum of colour. The MINI Clubman is now fitted with a new retractable roller-type luggage compartment cover.
– The new audio and navigation systems and the integration devices for external music players and mobile phones both offer top-class entertainment and communications capability. All the radio systems come with an MP3-compatible CD player and an AUX IN connection, while the MINI Visual Boost radio and MINI navigation system team up with a high-resolution colour display in the Centre Speedo and a Bluetooth hands-free system complete with USB audio interface. If the customer has ordered their car with the Bluetooth mobile phone preparation including USB interface, both systems can be hooked up with compatible mobile devices to allow functions such as audio streaming via Bluetooth, album cover artwork display and innovative office functions. Plus, the MINI Visual Boost radio and MINI navigation system also give owners access to MINI Connected. The application available for this globally unique form of in-car entertainment includes a web radio function, the use of Google local search and Google Send to Car services, and reception of RSS news feeds. Moreover, it also enables Facebook and Twitter posts to be displayed on the on-board monitor and allows the user to send standardised text messages.