Archive for September 2011
Sections: Countryman WRC Sep 30th, 2011 17 Comments
As I type this MINI’s WRC team is shocking the automotive world but leading the WRC Rally of France. With 7:03.8 mins on Special Stage 8, Dani Sordo (@DaniSordo on twitter) jumped to the overall lead of the rally. It’s the first time a factory MINI team has lead a world championship rally event in over 40 years. And it’s not just Sordo. The other factory MINI driver, Kris Meeke has moved up to 4th overall. Details after the break. continued →
Sections: Accessories, Auto Shows, R58 (Coupe) Sep 30th, 2011 9 Comments
Thanks for Drill for allowing us usage of his photos. View all images after the break.
During the recent September 15th-25th 64th Annual IIA Motor Show in Frankfurt MINI exhibited some of the upcoming accessories for the R58 Coupe that were previously covered in our story on the upcoming MINI Coupe accessories.
JCW Coupe Spoiler – The spoiler does replace the innovative automatic spoiler that is a first for the BMW/MINI group We still have not received any information if this accessory spoiler will need the default spoiler either removed or disabled. This gives the Coupe and the eventual Roadster increased down force that will likely be useful in higher speed pursuits such as a track day. The visual language does a good job complementing the rear of the Coupe.
Black trimmed taillights – Likely developed to complement the Black headlight that have recently gone on sale. These should retrofit to R56, R57 LED taillights as well.
Cross spoke R113 Red Stripe Wheels – The R113 in black with the red stripe. This should present a sportier feel to the very popular R113 wheel.
Side Decals – Originally we identified these as being Cooper S side graphics but the image clearly shows a JCW logo incorporated with the stripe. We believe that there might be multiple side strips thus explaining this. Could this mean side strip for Cooper, Cooper S, and JCW? These will fit R56, R57, R58, and R59 cars.
JCW Leather and Alcantara Recaro Sports Seats – These are a new Recaro seat that is a blend between the standard sport seats and the current JCW Recaro seats. There was no information if these seats are replacing the current more aggressive JCW Recaro seats or just a secondary option. There is no information that these would be made available to the US market so until we hear differently we would presume they would not make it to the US market.
Sections: MINI Rolls Royce Sep 29th, 2011 2 Comments
Want to get your hands on a stateside Rolls Royce MINI? MINIUSA.com has created a micro-site experience just for you. The limited edition, hand-appointed, $52,000 MINI is available “by reservation only”, so have your people get in touch with their people as soon as possible.
Sections: Podcast Sep 29th, 2011 No Comments
Another day under the White Roof. Things are a little changed up this week. We knock out Ask Chad first, just to be different. Then, it’s the Coupe show with Nathaniel, fresh from his first day at the press preview of the Coupe. Watch Motoringfile for his full write up soon.
Full notes to follow.
Sections: R56 (Hatch), Special Editions Sep 28th, 2011 4 Comments
[Official Release] MINI, official partner of Team GB and ParalympicsGB, has unveiled its new London 2012 special, limited edition models to celebrate the monumental London 2012 Olympic Games.
There will be just 2,012 of these special edition models built, which are available in Cooper, Cooper D, Cooper S and Cooper SD trims and come in the Union Jack themed colours; Chilli Red, White Silver or Lightning Blue. All models boast white mirror caps and a white roof featuring the iconic London 2012 Olympic graphic.
Full gallery after the break. continued →
Sections: Official News Sep 28th, 2011 1 Comment
[Official Release]England long jump champion J.J. Jegede succeeds in attempt to clear three MINI London 2012 Edition models.
England long jump champion and London 2012 hopeful J.J. Jegede today succeeded in his attempt to jump over the roofs of three cars at the launch of the MINI London 2012 Edition Models. continued →
Sort by MINI model
- The 2015 MINI Clubman Hits the ‘Ring
- Exclusive: An Early Look at the 2nd Generation 2018 MINI Countryman
- MINI Final Final Test Drive Winner Announced
- White Roof Radio #506
- MotoringFile Review: The 2014 MINI Cooper Manual
- MINI’s Final Test Test Drive Videos are Up and They Are Hilarious
- (UPDATED WITH OFFICIAL STATEMENT) MINI USA Delaying all Cooper Deliveries Due to Defect
- MINI USA Sales Down 40% for March While Waiting for F56
- MINI Shoots and Scores: The MINI Paceman GoalCooper
- Fancy a Cooper T?
MotoringFile on Instagram
- BMW Team RLL Race Results at Long Beach
- BMW Team RLL Qualifies Second and Third at Long Beach
- Video: BMW M235i More Than a Bargain M?
- BMWi Video: The Carbon Fiber Journey
- World Debut: BMW X5 eDrive Concept
- BMW Voluntarily Recalls 156,137 Vehicles to Fix Variable Camshaft Issue
- Comparing the M235i to the M36 M3
- BMW Sell 200,000 Vehicles in a Month For The First Time Ever
- The M4 Convertible and What Else to Expect at the NYC Autoshow Next Week
- Rumor: BMW To Preview 9 Series Sedan in Beijing
- Three Houston Scooterists To Run the Cannonball for Cancer Charity
- Piaggio Group Worldwide Profits Plunged in 2013
- Opinion: Will the Vespa Sprint Hurt 946 Sales?
- Yamaha Unveils the Tricity 3-wheel Scooter
- Vespa Officially Announces the 2015 Sprint
- Video: A Baja Vespa Surf Adventure
- The Piaggio / Vespa Rumor Roundup
- Review: Hands-on With the Genuine Buddy 170i Brit Special Edition
- BMW Recalls C-Series Scooters Over Side Stand Switch Issue
- Review: 2014 Stella 125 Automatic First Ride
MINI Model Cheat Sheet
R50: One & MC Hatch
R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
R53: MCS Hatch
2nd Gen MINI
R60: MINI Crossover
R61: MINI Crossover Coupe
3rd Gen MINI
F55: Five Door Hatch
F60: MINI Crossover
Advertise with MotoringFile
MotoringFile Buyers GuidesR50 ('02-'06 MC) Buyers Guide
R53 ('02-'06 MCS) Buyers Guide
'12 JCW Coupe
'11 Fiat 500 Sport
'11 Tesla Roaster 2.5 '11 Countryman Comparo
'11 Cooper S Hatch
'11 Countryman MCS (FWD)
'11 Countryman MC (auto)
'10 Mayfair MCS (auto)
'11 Countryman MCS (ALL4)
'10 MINI E
'10 Tesla Roadster Sport
'09 Cooper S Convertible
'09 JCW Hatch
'09 JCW Clubman
JCW Stage I vs JCW Stage II
'08 Clubman S (Auto)
1st Drive: '08 MINI Clubman
'08 Smart Fourtwo
Comparison: '08 BMW 135i
'06 R53 MCS vs '07 R56 MCS
'07 R56 JCW (Stage 1)
'07 MINI Cooper S Long Term
'07 BMW Z4 M Coupe
'07 MINI Cooper & Cooper S
Audio: '07 MC/MCS at the Track
'06 JCW GP Long term
Reader Review: JCW GP
'06 JCW Cooper S Long Term
Comparison: '06 Lotus Elise
Comparison: '06 Mazda MX5
Comparison: '06 UK Focus ST
Comparison: '06 Civic Si
Comparison: '04 TVR T350
Comparison: '06 Nissan 350z
Comparison: '06 VW GTI w/DSG
Podcast: Cooper S Auto
Podcast: BMW 325i
Podcast: JCW MC Soundkit
'04 JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kit
'05 MCS: One Month Review
'05 MCS Auto
'05 JCW S 1st Drive
'05 MINI Cooper
'05 MCS Conv. Long Term
'05 MINI Cooper S
'05 MCS Cabrio 1st Drive
'04 JCW MCS First Drive
'04 MC w/JCW Tuning Kit
BMW M3 SMG Vs. MCS
'04 MINI Cooper CVT
'02 MCS 3 year Review
Autocrossing the MINI Range