The Rolls Royce MINI Goes On Sale at Harrods
[Official Release] The MINI Inspired by Goodwood is the most ambitious and luxurious special edition model the brand has ever launched. To celebrate delivery of the first customer cars, a single example is going on display in prime position at Harrods, the world’s most aspirational shopping destination.
The MINI which takes inspiration from the design team at Rolls Royce Motor Cars, forms part of a specially created window display. It is also visible from inside the iconic Knightsbridge store, allowing shoppers, pedestrians and drivers on the busy Brompton Road to see it.
The window features a beautiful manor house and gates, providing a quintessentially British backdrop to showcase the MINI. Inside Harrods, display screens provide information about the car, with a selection of swatches and samples of the premium interior trims used in the cabin. A member of staff from MINI’s flagship Park Lane showroom will be on hand so customers can find out more or even place an order.
Highlighting the exclusive and limited edition nature of the MINI Inspired by Goodwood, the MINI logo and the words ‘1 of 1000’ will be projected on to the pavement outside the window every night. The scene will be on display for two weeks starting from Easter Sunday, 8 April.
Guy Cheston, Harrods Director of Media Sale commented, “Harrods is delighted to be showcasing such an iconic British brand. The store attracts an average of 42,000 visitors every day from over 130 different countries every month. What better place than Harrods to showcase the most luxurious production MINI has ever built to a truly global audience.”
The MINI Inspired by Goodwood is a special edition model like no other. Announced at last April’s Shanghai Motor Show, it brings together the unparalleled fun and character of MINI with the outstanding quality of materials and bespoke workmanship that come as standard with any Rolls-Royce Motor Car
The dashboard, centre console, air vents, carpets, heated leather seats, roof lining, doors and interior cladding are all finished in the exclusive Rolls-Royce colour Cornsilk. The dashboard and door handle surfaces are of Walnut Burr, a premium wood trim bespoke to Rolls-Royce.
No expense or attention to detail has been spared on the car. The roof linings, sun visors and rear storage tray are all made of luxurious cashmere, with deep-pile lambs wool used to make the floor mats.
Power comes from MINI’s acclaimed l.6-litre 135 kW/184 hp four-cylinder petrol engine with Twin Scroll turbocharger, direct petrol injection and variable valve control. The unit, which also powers the MINI Cooper S, is the most efficient in its displacement class.
The exterior of the MINI Inspired by Goodwood is finished in the exclusive Rolls-Royce colour Diamond Black metallic, and the car rides on 17-inch light alloy multi-spoke wheels. It is only available in MINI Hatch body style.
Standard equipment includes Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Park Distance Control, automatic air conditioning, an onboard computer, MINI Navigation and the MINI Radio Visual Boost audio system, which includes a Harman Kardon hi-fi speaker system.
The MINI Inspired by Goodwood is priced £41,005 and can be ordered through official retailers. The price includes a comprehensive five-year servicing package, MINI TLC.
Written By: MF Staff
Sort by MINI model
- Harry Hunt Joins MINI Motorsports for Dakar 2016
- International Mini Meet to Take Place in Lithuania This Weekend
- MF Garage: Summer Tires for Our 2015 Cooper S
- Exclusive: MINI USA’s 2016 Product Updates Include Some Major Surprises
- The MINI JCW In Detail
- Chris Bangle on The Future of Car Design
- What Would You Change About the 2015 MINI JCW?
- 2015 MINI John Cooper Works Reviews Galore
- Official 2015 MINI JCW Mega Gallery
- Official 2015 MINI JCW Videos
MotoringFile on Instagram
- Last Laps Around the ‘Ring for the M2
- World Premiere: BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage
- BMW Unveils the Special Edition BMW 435i ZHP Coupe
- BMW Announces New ConnectedDrive Portal and ConnectedDrive Store
- The 2016 BMW M4 GTS is Coming to the US!
- A Sneak Peak at the Future of BMW Motorsport: The M6 GT3
- BMW Updates the M6 Competition Package with 600HP (w/Gallery)
- BMW Lands on the Podium at the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring
- BMW Prepares for the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring
- BMW Group Classic’s Take on the 2015 Mille Miglia
- Ask SF: What’s a Good Small Motorcycle for a Scooterist?
- Custom: The Hunter’s Honda Ruckus
- Review: 2015 Vespa GTS 300 Super ABS
- The EcoReco: We Want Your Questions
- Video: Four Friends, Three Vintage Vespas, One Epic Adventure
- Vespa Updates the GTV, Adds ABS and ASR
- Recommended Scooters from Just Gotta Scoot
- Kickstart This: Sit Stay Ride 2 – Sidecar Dogs Return
- Police in Barcelona Adopt Fleet of BMW C Evolution Electric Scooters
- New Illinois Law Could Require Motorcycle Awareness Training in Driver’s Ed
MINI Model Cheat Sheet
R50: One & MC Hatch
R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
R53: MCS Hatch
2nd Gen MINI
R60: MINI Crossover
R61: MINI Crossover Coupe
3rd Gen MINI
F55: Five Door Hatch
F60: MINI Crossover
Advertise with MotoringFile
MotoringFile Buyers GuidesR50 ('02-'06 MC) Buyers Guide
R53 ('02-'06 MCS) Buyers Guide
'12 JCW Coupe
'11 Fiat 500 Sport
'11 Tesla Roaster 2.5 '11 Countryman Comparo
'11 Cooper S Hatch
'11 Countryman MCS (FWD)
'11 Countryman MC (auto)
'10 Mayfair MCS (auto)
'11 Countryman MCS (ALL4)
'10 MINI E
'10 Tesla Roadster Sport
'09 Cooper S Convertible
'09 JCW Hatch
'09 JCW Clubman
JCW Stage I vs JCW Stage II
'08 Clubman S (Auto)
1st Drive: '08 MINI Clubman
'08 Smart Fourtwo
Comparison: '08 BMW 135i
'06 R53 MCS vs '07 R56 MCS
'07 R56 JCW (Stage 1)
'07 MINI Cooper S Long Term
'07 BMW Z4 M Coupe
'07 MINI Cooper & Cooper S
Audio: '07 MC/MCS at the Track
'06 JCW GP Long term
Reader Review: JCW GP
'06 JCW Cooper S Long Term
Comparison: '06 Lotus Elise
Comparison: '06 Mazda MX5
Comparison: '06 UK Focus ST
Comparison: '06 Civic Si
Comparison: '04 TVR T350
Comparison: '06 Nissan 350z
Comparison: '06 VW GTI w/DSG
Podcast: Cooper S Auto
Podcast: BMW 325i
Podcast: JCW MC Soundkit
'04 JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kit
'05 MCS: One Month Review
'05 MCS Auto
'05 JCW S 1st Drive
'05 MINI Cooper
'05 MCS Conv. Long Term
'05 MINI Cooper S
'05 MCS Cabrio 1st Drive
'04 JCW MCS First Drive
'04 MC w/JCW Tuning Kit
BMW M3 SMG Vs. MCS
'04 MINI Cooper CVT
'02 MCS 3 year Review
Autocrossing the MINI Range