MINI Returns for 12th Life Ball in Vienna
MINI supports the Life Ball in Vienna for the 12th time. Proceeds so far from the one-off Life Ball MINI models amount to more than a half a million euros.
Since its market launch in 2001, MINI has been a partner of the Life Ball. During this period, eleven unique vehicles have been specially designed for the event by a wide range of internationally renowned celebrities. For the 20th anniversary of the Life Ball, MINI continues its tradition of donating a vehicle that has been creatively adapted by an international celebrity, the proceeds of which go to projects combating HIV and AIDS. The auctioning of these one-off MINI models over the last years has generated proceeds of more than 500,000 euros for the charitable cause.
In previous years these Life Ball MINI models have been created by international fashion designers, including Joseph Corré for Agent Provocateur, Donatella Versace, Renzo Rosso for Diesel and Missoni, as well as decision-makers from the fashion scene such as Mario Testino and The Blonds for Katy Perry. This year the ranks of Life Ball MINI designers are joined by Franca Sozzani, chief editor of Italian VOGUE and UN Goodwill Ambassador for Fashion 4 Development. “I thought at MINI as a beautiful woman who put a scarf on her head when she drives a Roadster.” – This is how Sozzani describes the inspiration behind her design sketch for the MINI Roadster.
The combination of floral motifs and mannequins with trendy Deepest Purple matt paintwork lends the MINI Roadster a thoroughly unmistakable look. The highlight of this year’s Life Ball MINI is the floral design on the roof of the MINI Roadster. Steel-coloured accents on the exterior mirrors and alloy wheels, along with typical MINI rally stripes, elegantly round off this unusual colour concept. The interior, meanwhile, boasts high-grade materials and a sophisticated seat design.
“In Franca Sozzani we have found an experienced fashion expert who devotes her artistic prowess primarily to colour. We are now thrilled to be able to bring this joint project to fruition”, says Anders Warming, Head of MINI Design.
The one-off MINI will be auctioned in the Hall of Ceremonies at Vienna’s Hofburg palace as part of the AIDS Solidarity Gala on Saturday 19starting at 5pm.
A further highlight of the Life Ball 2012 will be the fashion show presented by MINI and staged by VOGUE Italy. To mark the event’s 20th anniversary, creations by former Life Ball designers will be on display alongside legendary looks.
The social commitment of the BMW Group.
Worldwide measures to combat HIV/AIDS are one of the main elements of the corporate and social policy pursued by the BMW Group. The company’s involvement in South Africa is particularly wide-ranging, covering a comprehensive workplace programme for employees and their families, plus a number of different projects in the local communities and further afield. The carmaker is also committed to fighting this pandemic in other affected countries, such as Thailand or China. Membership of the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS (GBC) underlines its long-term commitment at its various locations.
Timeline of the Life Ball MINI.
2012 – MINI designed by Franca Sozzani. MINI Roadster by Franca Sozzani, chief editor of Italian VOGUE
2011 – MINI designed by DSQUARED².
MINI Hatch by Dean and Dan Caten
2010 – MINI designed by Diane von Furstenberg, Kenneth Cole and Francisco Costa von Calvin Klein Collection.
MINI Hatch by Diane von Furstenberg
MINI Cabrio by Kenneth Cole
MINI Countryman by Francisco Costa of Calvin Klein Collection
2009 – MINI designed by The Blonds.
MINI Cabrio by The Blonds for Katy Perry
2008 – MINI designed by Agent Provocateur.
MINI Clubman by Agent Provocateur / Joseph Corré
2007 – MINI designed by Testino.
MINI Hatch by star photographer Mario Testino
2006 – MINI designed by Diesel.
MINI Cabrio by Renzo Rosso
2005 – MINI designed by Versace.
MINI Cabrio by Donatella Versace
2004 – MINI designed by Ferré.
MINI Cabrio by Gianfranco Ferré
2003 – MINI designed by Missoni.
MINI Hatch by Angela Missoni
2002 – Charity MINI.
With autographs by German, Austrian and international celebrities (incl. Elton John, No Angels, Heidi Klum, Emma Sjöberg, Mavie Hörbiger)
2001 – camouflaged MINI. (Presented before its market launch)
Written By: MF Staff
Sort by MINI model
- Security Flaw In MINI Connected Leaves MINIs Open To Hacking
- Auto, Motor und Sport Names F56 Best Car of 2015
- MINI Driver and Friends Go on Deer Killing Rampage
- MF Garage: The F56 Sport Suspension Has Made Believers Out of Us
- MINI Challenge F56 Profiled by XCARFilms
- Woofcast #537: The Coffee Mug is Mine!
- Petrolicious: The Classic Mini Visualized
- MINI USA Updates Hardtop Configurator: JCW Exterior Pkg & Chili Red
- MINI USA Names New Head of Sales
- The Motorer Obsession Program and 2015 MINI Sales
MotoringFile on Instagram
- Security Flaw In ConnectedDrive Leaves BMWs Open To Hacking
- Premier: X5 and X6 M Performance Accessories
- BMW’s i3 Superbowl Commercial Debuts
- BMW Team RLL Results at Daytona
- BMW at the 24 Hours of Daytona – Live Blog
- BMW Performance 200; Team TGM scores third in Street Tuner for team’s best ever CTSCC finish
- BMW, VW & ChargePoint Announce Electric Car Charging Partnership
- BMW Team RLL Returns to the Rolex 24 at Daytona This Weekend
- The BMW M2 Will Hit Showrooms a Year From Now – Here’s What We Know
- BMW’s ActiveSound Has Been Hacked
- Video: Resurrecting a Ruckus
- Video: The Gogoro Electric Scooter
- New Scooter-related Laws for 2015
- Two-Wheel Injuries and Fatalities Dropped in 2013
- ScooterFile’s Top Five Stories of 2014
- The Morning Scooter Commute
- The 2StrokeBuzz 2014/2015 Cold Weather Challenge
- Honda Recalls 10,000 Grom and Forza Models For Fuel Pump Issue
- Report Predicts Bright Future for Electric Maxi-Scooters, 3-wheelers
- Video: MotoGeo Rides the Vespa 946
MINI Model Cheat Sheet
R50: One & MC Hatch
R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
R53: MCS Hatch
2nd Gen MINI
R60: MINI Crossover
R61: MINI Crossover Coupe
3rd Gen MINI
F55: Five Door Hatch
F60: MINI Crossover
Advertise with MotoringFile
MotoringFile Buyers GuidesR50 ('02-'06 MC) Buyers Guide
R53 ('02-'06 MCS) Buyers Guide
'12 JCW Coupe
'11 Fiat 500 Sport
'11 Tesla Roaster 2.5 '11 Countryman Comparo
'11 Cooper S Hatch
'11 Countryman MCS (FWD)
'11 Countryman MC (auto)
'10 Mayfair MCS (auto)
'11 Countryman MCS (ALL4)
'10 MINI E
'10 Tesla Roadster Sport
'09 Cooper S Convertible
'09 JCW Hatch
'09 JCW Clubman
JCW Stage I vs JCW Stage II
'08 Clubman S (Auto)
1st Drive: '08 MINI Clubman
'08 Smart Fourtwo
Comparison: '08 BMW 135i
'06 R53 MCS vs '07 R56 MCS
'07 R56 JCW (Stage 1)
'07 MINI Cooper S Long Term
'07 BMW Z4 M Coupe
'07 MINI Cooper & Cooper S
Audio: '07 MC/MCS at the Track
'06 JCW GP Long term
Reader Review: JCW GP
'06 JCW Cooper S Long Term
Comparison: '06 Lotus Elise
Comparison: '06 Mazda MX5
Comparison: '06 UK Focus ST
Comparison: '06 Civic Si
Comparison: '04 TVR T350
Comparison: '06 Nissan 350z
Comparison: '06 VW GTI w/DSG
Podcast: Cooper S Auto
Podcast: BMW 325i
Podcast: JCW MC Soundkit
'04 JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kit
'05 MCS: One Month Review
'05 MCS Auto
'05 JCW S 1st Drive
'05 MINI Cooper
'05 MCS Conv. Long Term
'05 MINI Cooper S
'05 MCS Cabrio 1st Drive
'04 JCW MCS First Drive
'04 MC w/JCW Tuning Kit
BMW M3 SMG Vs. MCS
'04 MINI Cooper CVT
'02 MCS 3 year Review
Autocrossing the MINI Range