MINI & Puma Sign a Multi-Year to Develop Accessories
This isn’t the first time MINI has worked together with German brand Puma. Closer to the original launch of the new MINI in 2001/2002 Puma partnered with the brand to create one-off cars (see above) and accessories. As some may remember, Puma even produced a few pieces for MINI’s fashion line MINI_Motion.
This new line will be a bit more accessories and will be available in MINI dealers worldwide as well as Puma store.
Official Release: Automotive manufacturer MINI and sports lifestyle brand PUMA have signed a worldwide license agreement sealing their partnership over a period of several years. The collaboration brings together two innovative and iconic brands with a long-standing passion for functionality, performance and design, and centres on a joint collection of clothing, shoes and accessories. The lifestyle product lines will be available from September 2012 under the label MINI by PUMA. Selected MINI dealerships will be selling a range of items, while PUMA stores and PUMA retail partners will carry the entire collection.
MINI by PUMA – Driving style meets sporting fashion.
The collection unites MINI’s “creative use of space” principle and PUMA’s strengths in designing clothing, shoes and accessories. Inspired by the UK, the home of the automotive brand, the collection features British icons like the Union Jack and bulldogs as design elements to add an extra fashionable edge. High-quality materials, clean lines and contrasting linings combine to create a sleek, stylish look.
“In PUMA we have found an ideal partner that shares our enthusiasm for a sporty, urban look and lifestyle, has a worldwide presence and, like MINI, appeals to young, open-minded target groups”, says Dr Thomas Goerdt, Director Lifestyle Collections at the BMW Group.
The first MINI by PUMA collection, which will be launched in September, features sporty yet stylish unisex bags and accessories, including larger weekend bags, compact handbags and wallets. The cleverly designed interior compartments and zips make for practical bags with ample storage. The strap and handle designs are inspired by MINI seatbelts. The various models come in black with neon yellow luggage tags. The bags will be complemented by a range of sneakers, which will include different models of low-cut sneakers and chukka sneakers for both men and women. The sporty, lightweight shoes have a narrow last and feature “cool Britannia” design details. The collection’s colour palette focuses on black, white and green. The MINI by PUMA collection will also feature a variety of fashionable clothing ranging from T-shirts to parkas.
MINI brand partnerships.
MINI has a long history of licence partnerships. For example, the automotive brand collaborated with Japanese shoe brand Onitsuka Tiger on a shoe collection and also teamed up with sonoro audio, a German manufacturer of design audio products, to produce a special MINI multifunctional internet radio receiver. This latest collaboration with PUMA is the most comprehensive license agreement MINI has signed for its Lifestyle Collection to date.
Written By: Gabe
Sort by MINI model
- International Mini Meet to Take Place in Lithuania This Weekend
- MF Garage: Summer Tires for Our 2015 Cooper S
- Exclusive: MINI USA’s 2016 Product Updates Include Some Major Surprises
- The MINI JCW In Detail
- Chris Bangle on The Future of Car Design
- What Would You Change About the 2015 MINI JCW?
- 2015 MINI John Cooper Works Reviews Galore
- Official 2015 MINI JCW Mega Gallery
- Official 2015 MINI JCW Videos
- MINI Countryman Dakar Wallpaper
MotoringFile on Instagram
- BMW Unveils the Special Edition BMW 435i ZHP Coupe
- BMW Announces New ConnectedDrive Portal and ConnectedDrive Store
- The 2016 BMW M4 GTS is Coming to the US!
- A Sneak Peak at the Future of BMW Motorsport: The M6 GT3
- BMW Updates the M6 Competition Package with 600HP (w/Gallery)
- BMW Lands on the Podium at the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring
- BMW Prepares for the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring
- BMW Group Classic’s Take on the 2015 Mille Miglia
- This is Our First Look at the BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage
- US Spec 2016 M3 Changes (LCI)
- Ask SF: What’s a Good Small Motorcycle for a Scooterist?
- Custom: The Hunter’s Honda Ruckus
- Review: 2015 Vespa GTS 300 Super ABS
- The EcoReco: We Want Your Questions
- Video: Four Friends, Three Vintage Vespas, One Epic Adventure
- Vespa Updates the GTV, Adds ABS and ASR
- Recommended Scooters from Just Gotta Scoot
- Kickstart This: Sit Stay Ride 2 – Sidecar Dogs Return
- Police in Barcelona Adopt Fleet of BMW C Evolution Electric Scooters
- New Illinois Law Could Require Motorcycle Awareness Training in Driver’s Ed
MINI Model Cheat Sheet
R50: One & MC Hatch
R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
R53: MCS Hatch
2nd Gen MINI
R60: MINI Crossover
R61: MINI Crossover Coupe
3rd Gen MINI
F55: Five Door Hatch
F60: MINI Crossover
Advertise with MotoringFile
MotoringFile Buyers GuidesR50 ('02-'06 MC) Buyers Guide
R53 ('02-'06 MCS) Buyers Guide
'12 JCW Coupe
'11 Fiat 500 Sport
'11 Tesla Roaster 2.5 '11 Countryman Comparo
'11 Cooper S Hatch
'11 Countryman MCS (FWD)
'11 Countryman MC (auto)
'10 Mayfair MCS (auto)
'11 Countryman MCS (ALL4)
'10 MINI E
'10 Tesla Roadster Sport
'09 Cooper S Convertible
'09 JCW Hatch
'09 JCW Clubman
JCW Stage I vs JCW Stage II
'08 Clubman S (Auto)
1st Drive: '08 MINI Clubman
'08 Smart Fourtwo
Comparison: '08 BMW 135i
'06 R53 MCS vs '07 R56 MCS
'07 R56 JCW (Stage 1)
'07 MINI Cooper S Long Term
'07 BMW Z4 M Coupe
'07 MINI Cooper & Cooper S
Audio: '07 MC/MCS at the Track
'06 JCW GP Long term
Reader Review: JCW GP
'06 JCW Cooper S Long Term
Comparison: '06 Lotus Elise
Comparison: '06 Mazda MX5
Comparison: '06 UK Focus ST
Comparison: '06 Civic Si
Comparison: '04 TVR T350
Comparison: '06 Nissan 350z
Comparison: '06 VW GTI w/DSG
Podcast: Cooper S Auto
Podcast: BMW 325i
Podcast: JCW MC Soundkit
'04 JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kit
'05 MCS: One Month Review
'05 MCS Auto
'05 JCW S 1st Drive
'05 MINI Cooper
'05 MCS Conv. Long Term
'05 MINI Cooper S
'05 MCS Cabrio 1st Drive
'04 JCW MCS First Drive
'04 MC w/JCW Tuning Kit
BMW M3 SMG Vs. MCS
'04 MINI Cooper CVT
'02 MCS 3 year Review
Autocrossing the MINI Range