MINI Goes to Santa Claus
Official Release: MINI presents “MINI Goes to Santa Claus”, an international project that perfectly embodies its unconventional nature, and for the first time, it will be competing for the Official Guinness World Records challenge.
MINI and Guinness World Records.
A convoy of MINIs will be travelling to Rovaniemi located at the Arctic Circle to bring Santa Claus Christmas letters written by children and adults from all over the world. At the same time, MINI will be competing for the Official Guinness World Records attempt by trying to assemble the longest wish list to Santa Claus. In order to set this world record, MINI has involved a total of 16 markets, spanning enough countries to amaze even Santa Claus himself, who certainly knows a lot about world tours.
The EU markets participating in this project are Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, Portugal, Belgium, Bulgaria, Greece, Poland, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia. Outside Europe, Russia, the United States of America and Singapore will be joining the event.
On the road to the Arctic Circle.
On Saturday 24th November, the MINI family will leave BMW Group Headquarters in Munich and drive “one way” to Rovaniemi. The journey will cover more than 3000 km, passing through some of the most beautiful European cities such as Copenhagen and Stockholm.
The MINI family.
The MINIs participating in this road trip are the MINI Clubman with its typically generous cargo capacity, the MINI Countryman with its excellent off-road qualities, the MINI Hatchback, the master of go-kart feeling, the MINI Coupe with its superior driving dynamics, the MINI Roadster for maximum driving fun and the MINI Cabrio, which offers that genuine topless experience.
The new MINI Paceman.
The new MINI Paceman, the latest addition to the MINI family will welcome the MINIs as they arrive at Rovaniemi. With its strong personality, the MINI Paceman offers an innovative combination of sporty and extroverted design. It is the first Sports Activity Coupe in the compact premium segment and boasts an unmistakable character. The MINI Paceman is the seventh model in the MINI family.
A very special guest at the event: Rauno Aaltonen.
Another very special guest will be awaiting the MINIs when they arrive: Rauno Aaltonen, the winner of the history-making 1967 Monte Carlo Rally aboard a classic Mini. At the Arctic Circle, Rauno will demonstrate his unequalled talent behind the wheel of a new MINI Paceman.
Written By: MF Staff
Sort by MINI model
- 5,142 Miles Aboard The 2014 F56 S
- MINI Reveals Future of Travel at London Design Festival
- MINI Celebrates its 55th Birthday at the International Mini Meeting (Gallery)
- Go-Kart Handling Put To The Test
- White Roof Radio: MTTS2014 Final
- Official: MINI to Field Four Dakar-style Cars in FIA Cross Country Rallies
- Chief Motorer Challenges All MINI Owners
- MINI’s Top Secret 300 HP All Wheel Drive Plans
- Faces of MINI Takes The States
- YoungDrive! Program Lets UK Kids Learn to Drive MINIs
MotoringFile on Instagram
- Results: BMW RLL from VIR
- BF Video Track Review: The BMW M4 at Road America
- Drag Battle: The Porsche Macan Turbo vs the BMW M3
- The BMW M4 Drifts Through M History
- Monterey Motorsports Reunion – Full Gallery
- The BMW M2 is Coming. Here’s What We Know.
- 1972 3.0 CSL vs 2014 M6 Competition – Does 40 Years Equal Progress?
- BMW Claims its Fourth DTM Win of the Season at the Nurburgring
- 2014 Legends of the Autobahn Gallery
- Video: Building the BMW C Evolution
- Video: Building the BMW C Evolution
- First Ride: Vespa 946
- Video: The Vespa 946 Bellissima
- World Debut: The Vespa 946 Bellissima
- Corazzo Introduces Matching Leather Mens Jacket and Gloves
- Motorcycle USA Reviews the Suzuki Burgman 200
- Spoofing the Jean Claude Van Damme Truck Splits on Scooters
- Breaking: Genuine Recalling Stella 125 Automatics for Faulty ECUs
- Hands-on with the 2015 Vespa Sprint
- Scooter Cannonball Run: Day 10 & Wrap Up
MINI Model Cheat Sheet
R50: One & MC Hatch
R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
R53: MCS Hatch
2nd Gen MINI
R60: MINI Crossover
R61: MINI Crossover Coupe
3rd Gen MINI
F55: Five Door Hatch
F60: MINI Crossover
Advertise with MotoringFile
MotoringFile Buyers GuidesR50 ('02-'06 MC) Buyers Guide
R53 ('02-'06 MCS) Buyers Guide
'12 JCW Coupe
'11 Fiat 500 Sport
'11 Tesla Roaster 2.5 '11 Countryman Comparo
'11 Cooper S Hatch
'11 Countryman MCS (FWD)
'11 Countryman MC (auto)
'10 Mayfair MCS (auto)
'11 Countryman MCS (ALL4)
'10 MINI E
'10 Tesla Roadster Sport
'09 Cooper S Convertible
'09 JCW Hatch
'09 JCW Clubman
JCW Stage I vs JCW Stage II
'08 Clubman S (Auto)
1st Drive: '08 MINI Clubman
'08 Smart Fourtwo
Comparison: '08 BMW 135i
'06 R53 MCS vs '07 R56 MCS
'07 R56 JCW (Stage 1)
'07 MINI Cooper S Long Term
'07 BMW Z4 M Coupe
'07 MINI Cooper & Cooper S
Audio: '07 MC/MCS at the Track
'06 JCW GP Long term
Reader Review: JCW GP
'06 JCW Cooper S Long Term
Comparison: '06 Lotus Elise
Comparison: '06 Mazda MX5
Comparison: '06 UK Focus ST
Comparison: '06 Civic Si
Comparison: '04 TVR T350
Comparison: '06 Nissan 350z
Comparison: '06 VW GTI w/DSG
Podcast: Cooper S Auto
Podcast: BMW 325i
Podcast: JCW MC Soundkit
'04 JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kit
'05 MCS: One Month Review
'05 MCS Auto
'05 JCW S 1st Drive
'05 MINI Cooper
'05 MCS Conv. Long Term
'05 MINI Cooper S
'05 MCS Cabrio 1st Drive
'04 JCW MCS First Drive
'04 MC w/JCW Tuning Kit
BMW M3 SMG Vs. MCS
'04 MINI Cooper CVT
'02 MCS 3 year Review
Autocrossing the MINI Range