MINI Goes to Santa Claus
Official Release: MINI presents “MINI Goes to Santa Claus”, an international project that perfectly embodies its unconventional nature, and for the first time, it will be competing for the Official Guinness World Records challenge.
MINI and Guinness World Records.
A convoy of MINIs will be travelling to Rovaniemi located at the Arctic Circle to bring Santa Claus Christmas letters written by children and adults from all over the world. At the same time, MINI will be competing for the Official Guinness World Records attempt by trying to assemble the longest wish list to Santa Claus. In order to set this world record, MINI has involved a total of 16 markets, spanning enough countries to amaze even Santa Claus himself, who certainly knows a lot about world tours.
The EU markets participating in this project are Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, Portugal, Belgium, Bulgaria, Greece, Poland, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia. Outside Europe, Russia, the United States of America and Singapore will be joining the event.
On the road to the Arctic Circle.
On Saturday 24th November, the MINI family will leave BMW Group Headquarters in Munich and drive “one way” to Rovaniemi. The journey will cover more than 3000 km, passing through some of the most beautiful European cities such as Copenhagen and Stockholm.
The MINI family.
The MINIs participating in this road trip are the MINI Clubman with its typically generous cargo capacity, the MINI Countryman with its excellent off-road qualities, the MINI Hatchback, the master of go-kart feeling, the MINI Coupe with its superior driving dynamics, the MINI Roadster for maximum driving fun and the MINI Cabrio, which offers that genuine topless experience.
The new MINI Paceman.
The new MINI Paceman, the latest addition to the MINI family will welcome the MINIs as they arrive at Rovaniemi. With its strong personality, the MINI Paceman offers an innovative combination of sporty and extroverted design. It is the first Sports Activity Coupe in the compact premium segment and boasts an unmistakable character. The MINI Paceman is the seventh model in the MINI family.
A very special guest at the event: Rauno Aaltonen.
Another very special guest will be awaiting the MINIs when they arrive: Rauno Aaltonen, the winner of the history-making 1967 Monte Carlo Rally aboard a classic Mini. At the Arctic Circle, Rauno will demonstrate his unequalled talent behind the wheel of a new MINI Paceman.
Written By: MF Staff
Sort by MINI model
- MINI JCW Team Race Report: Lime Rock Park
- Former Top Gear Hosts Heading to Amazon Prime
- MINI Needs Your Help Breaking A World Record
- MINI USA Announces Recall Affecting 2015 F56 Models
- MotoringFile Review: The 2016 F56 MINI JCW
- 2015 MINI JCW Press Event Day 2: High-Level Review
- 2015 MINI JCW Press Event Day 1: Introduction
- 2015 MINI JCW Press Event Day 0: Thank You Note
- MINI JCW Team at Lime Rock Park: Race Preview
- 2017 F60 MINI Countryman to Become More “Authentic”
MotoringFile on Instagram
- BMW Rules Out Future LeMans Prototype
- BMW Group Announces the First Integration of EnLighten App
- The BMW M2 Option List Leaked
- Turner Motorsport Takes GTD Class Victory at Lime Rock
- Hands-on with the 2016 BMW 7 Series
- BMW Claims Overall Victory at the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps
- 7 Facts after 1,200 Miles in the BMW 428i Gran Coupe
- Report: Apple Will Use the BMW i3 to Build its Own Car
- New Details on BMW’s Pebble Beach Concepts
- Renting a Racer with the BMW 328i
- Ask SF: Buy a Vespa GTS 300 Now, or Wait for the GTS 350?
- Video: The Mahindra GenZe Electric Moped
- Prima Tubeless Rims for Vespa / Stella
- Have Towel, Will Travel: A Vespa Adventure
- Review: Vespa Primavera 150 from Just Gotta Scoot
- Gogoro Electric Scooter on Pre-Order in Taiwan
- Recap: Amerivespa 2015 — Indianapolis, IN
- Scooter Vagabonding. Man Quits His Job, Rides Ruckus 30k Miles. (video)
- Change.org Petition Aims to Ban All Motorcycles In Hawaii
- Genuine Debuts New Buddy Color: Titanium Gloss
MINI Model Cheat Sheet
R50: One & MC Hatch
R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
R53: MCS Hatch
2nd Gen MINI
R60: MINI Crossover
R61: MINI Crossover Coupe
3rd Gen MINI
F55: Five Door Hatch
F60: MINI Crossover
Advertise with MotoringFile
MotoringFile Buyers GuidesR50 ('02-'06 MC) Buyers Guide
R53 ('02-'06 MCS) Buyers Guide
'12 JCW Coupe
'11 Fiat 500 Sport
'11 Tesla Roaster 2.5 '11 Countryman Comparo
'11 Cooper S Hatch
'11 Countryman MCS (FWD)
'11 Countryman MC (auto)
'10 Mayfair MCS (auto)
'11 Countryman MCS (ALL4)
'10 MINI E
'10 Tesla Roadster Sport
'09 Cooper S Convertible
'09 JCW Hatch
'09 JCW Clubman
JCW Stage I vs JCW Stage II
'08 Clubman S (Auto)
1st Drive: '08 MINI Clubman
'08 Smart Fourtwo
Comparison: '08 BMW 135i
'06 R53 MCS vs '07 R56 MCS
'07 R56 JCW (Stage 1)
'07 MINI Cooper S Long Term
'07 BMW Z4 M Coupe
'07 MINI Cooper & Cooper S
Audio: '07 MC/MCS at the Track
'06 JCW GP Long term
Reader Review: JCW GP
'06 JCW Cooper S Long Term
Comparison: '06 Lotus Elise
Comparison: '06 Mazda MX5
Comparison: '06 UK Focus ST
Comparison: '06 Civic Si
Comparison: '04 TVR T350
Comparison: '06 Nissan 350z
Comparison: '06 VW GTI w/DSG
Podcast: Cooper S Auto
Podcast: BMW 325i
Podcast: JCW MC Soundkit
'04 JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kit
'05 MCS: One Month Review
'05 MCS Auto
'05 JCW S 1st Drive
'05 MINI Cooper
'05 MCS Conv. Long Term
'05 MINI Cooper S
'05 MCS Cabrio 1st Drive
'04 JCW MCS First Drive
'04 MC w/JCW Tuning Kit
BMW M3 SMG Vs. MCS
'04 MINI Cooper CVT
'02 MCS 3 year Review
Autocrossing the MINI Range