2015 MINI Model Year Changes: Exterior
While MINI has introduced an entirely new car in the F56, there are still a handful of models on the older and not necessarily out of date RXX platform. In order to keep them fresh MINI and more specifically MINI USA has made some key changes to the exterior look and options list.
LED Fog lights with Daytime running light (5A1)
As of the 2015 model year, Halogen Fog lights (520) will no longer be offered on RXX models. MINI USA will be exclusively offering LED Fog lights with Daytime running lights (5A1). This will be a $350 option on Cooper models and standard on Cooper S and JCW. The LED Fog Light is pictured above.
Exterior Color Changes
The biggest change on the R5X models is the deletion of Ice Blue is now deleted to make way for additional F5X colors.
For the R60/R61 MINI is deleting Oxford Green, Royal Grey and our favorite True Blue. Replacing them will be Jungle Green, Midnight Gray and Starlight Blue across both the Paceman and Countryman.
R6X LCI Grill changes
With the LCI MINI USA is introducing new grill changes for both the Countryman and Paceman. The idea is to bring them into line with the current F56 look as well as better distinguishes each model.
New R60 Option: 3CA ALL4 Exterior Styling
The $500, ALL4 Exterior Styling is new for the Countryman. It contains silver SUV Optics at the front and rear of the car as well as on the side sills. It is standard on the MINI Cooper S Countryman ALL4 and optional on the front wheel drive Cooper and Cooper S Countryman models. It cannot be ordered with Sport Suspension (226), JCW Countryman or JCW Exterior Package (7KN).
New Option – 3L2 Piano Black Exterior
Originally a dealer installed accessory only, the new Piano Black exterior is a must have option in our minds given the design of the R60 and R61. It contains the following items in Piano Black gloss:
- Side Scuttles
- Front Headlight & Rear Taillight surrounds
- Roof Rails
- For JCW models – Side Scuttles & Roof Rails now in Piano Black high gloss.
Updated Wheels for the Countryman and Paceman
MINI is introducing a new set of wheels for 2015 a standard 17″ design. The new 17” 5-Star Triangle Spoke Silver (2E6) will be offering is also offered in silver and Anthracite color for an extra $100 charge. MINI USA will also now offer the 19” Y- Spoke wheel (2LT) for $1,750 on Countryman, previously only available on the Paceman.
Gone our the 2GP and 2GW, the 17” 5-Star double spoke wheels to make room for 2E6 and 2E7.
Updated Wheels for the F56 Cooper and Cooper S
MINI Yours is introducing the 2-tone (2EE) wheel. It’s either a 17″ or 18″ (we’re still confirming) and will be priced at $2,000 for the Cooper and $1,500 for the Cooper S.
We’ll have more on the 2015 model year throughout the next week.
Written By: Gabe
Sort by MINI model
- International Mini Meet to Take Place in Lithuania This Weekend
- MF Garage: Summer Tires for Our 2015 Cooper S
- Exclusive: MINI USA’s 2016 Product Updates Include Some Major Surprises
- The MINI JCW In Detail
- Chris Bangle on The Future of Car Design
- What Would You Change About the 2015 MINI JCW?
- 2015 MINI John Cooper Works Reviews Galore
- Official 2015 MINI JCW Mega Gallery
- Official 2015 MINI JCW Videos
- MINI Countryman Dakar Wallpaper
MotoringFile on Instagram
- BMW Unveils the Special Edition BMW 435i ZHP Coupe
- BMW Announces New ConnectedDrive Portal and ConnectedDrive Store
- The 2016 BMW M4 GTS is Coming to the US!
- A Sneak Peak at the Future of BMW Motorsport: The M6 GT3
- BMW Updates the M6 Competition Package with 600HP (w/Gallery)
- BMW Lands on the Podium at the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring
- BMW Prepares for the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring
- BMW Group Classic’s Take on the 2015 Mille Miglia
- This is Our First Look at the BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage
- US Spec 2016 M3 Changes (LCI)
- Ask SF: What’s a Good Small Motorcycle for a Scooterist?
- Custom: The Hunter’s Honda Ruckus
- Review: 2015 Vespa GTS 300 Super ABS
- The EcoReco: We Want Your Questions
- Video: Four Friends, Three Vintage Vespas, One Epic Adventure
- Vespa Updates the GTV, Adds ABS and ASR
- Recommended Scooters from Just Gotta Scoot
- Kickstart This: Sit Stay Ride 2 – Sidecar Dogs Return
- Police in Barcelona Adopt Fleet of BMW C Evolution Electric Scooters
- New Illinois Law Could Require Motorcycle Awareness Training in Driver’s Ed
MINI Model Cheat Sheet
R50: One & MC Hatch
R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
R53: MCS Hatch
2nd Gen MINI
R60: MINI Crossover
R61: MINI Crossover Coupe
3rd Gen MINI
F55: Five Door Hatch
F60: MINI Crossover
Advertise with MotoringFile
MotoringFile Buyers GuidesR50 ('02-'06 MC) Buyers Guide
R53 ('02-'06 MCS) Buyers Guide
'12 JCW Coupe
'11 Fiat 500 Sport
'11 Tesla Roaster 2.5 '11 Countryman Comparo
'11 Cooper S Hatch
'11 Countryman MCS (FWD)
'11 Countryman MC (auto)
'10 Mayfair MCS (auto)
'11 Countryman MCS (ALL4)
'10 MINI E
'10 Tesla Roadster Sport
'09 Cooper S Convertible
'09 JCW Hatch
'09 JCW Clubman
JCW Stage I vs JCW Stage II
'08 Clubman S (Auto)
1st Drive: '08 MINI Clubman
'08 Smart Fourtwo
Comparison: '08 BMW 135i
'06 R53 MCS vs '07 R56 MCS
'07 R56 JCW (Stage 1)
'07 MINI Cooper S Long Term
'07 BMW Z4 M Coupe
'07 MINI Cooper & Cooper S
Audio: '07 MC/MCS at the Track
'06 JCW GP Long term
Reader Review: JCW GP
'06 JCW Cooper S Long Term
Comparison: '06 Lotus Elise
Comparison: '06 Mazda MX5
Comparison: '06 UK Focus ST
Comparison: '06 Civic Si
Comparison: '04 TVR T350
Comparison: '06 Nissan 350z
Comparison: '06 VW GTI w/DSG
Podcast: Cooper S Auto
Podcast: BMW 325i
Podcast: JCW MC Soundkit
'04 JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kit
'05 MCS: One Month Review
'05 MCS Auto
'05 JCW S 1st Drive
'05 MINI Cooper
'05 MCS Conv. Long Term
'05 MINI Cooper S
'05 MCS Cabrio 1st Drive
'04 JCW MCS First Drive
'04 MC w/JCW Tuning Kit
BMW M3 SMG Vs. MCS
'04 MINI Cooper CVT
'02 MCS 3 year Review
Autocrossing the MINI Range