2015 MINI Model Year Changes: Exterior
While MINI has introduced an entirely new car in the F56, there are still a handful of models on the older and not necessarily out of date RXX platform. In order to keep them fresh MINI and more specifically MINI USA has made some key changes to the exterior look and options list.
LED Fog lights with Daytime running light (5A1)
As of the 2015 model year, Halogen Fog lights (520) will no longer be offered on RXX models. MINI USA will be exclusively offering LED Fog lights with Daytime running lights (5A1). This will be a $350 option on Cooper models and standard on Cooper S and JCW. The LED Fog Light is pictured above.
Exterior Color Changes
The biggest change on the R5X models is the deletion of Ice Blue is now deleted to make way for additional F5X colors.
For the R60/R61 MINI is deleting Oxford Green, Royal Grey and our favorite True Blue. Replacing them will be Jungle Green, Midnight Gray and Starlight Blue across both the Paceman and Countryman.
R6X LCI Grill changes
With the LCI MINI USA is introducing new grill changes for both the Countryman and Paceman. The idea is to bring them into line with the current F56 look as well as better distinguishes each model.
New R60 Option: 3CA ALL4 Exterior Styling
The $500, ALL4 Exterior Styling is new for the Countryman. It contains silver SUV Optics at the front and rear of the car as well as on the side sills. It is standard on the MINI Cooper S Countryman ALL4 and optional on the front wheel drive Cooper and Cooper S Countryman models. It cannot be ordered with Sport Suspension (226), JCW Countryman or JCW Exterior Package (7KN).
New Option – 3L2 Piano Black Exterior
Originally a dealer installed accessory only, the new Piano Black exterior is a must have option in our minds given the design of the R60 and R61. It contains the following items in Piano Black gloss:
- Side Scuttles
- Front Headlight & Rear Taillight surrounds
- Roof Rails
- For JCW models – Side Scuttles & Roof Rails now in Piano Black high gloss.
Updated Wheels for the Countryman and Paceman
MINI is introducing a new set of wheels for 2015 a standard 17″ design. The new 17” 5-Star Triangle Spoke Silver (2E6) will be offering is also offered in silver and Anthracite color for an extra $100 charge. MINI USA will also now offer the 19” Y- Spoke wheel (2LT) for $1,750 on Countryman, previously only available on the Paceman.
Gone our the 2GP and 2GW, the 17” 5-Star double spoke wheels to make room for 2E6 and 2E7.
Updated Wheels for the F56 Cooper and Cooper S
MINI Yours is introducing the 2-tone (2EE) wheel. It’s either a 17″ or 18″ (we’re still confirming) and will be priced at $2,000 for the Cooper and $1,500 for the Cooper S.
We’ll have more on the 2015 model year throughout the next week.
Written By: Gabe
Sort by MINI model
- MINI’s New Identity and Brand Strategy is All About Minimalism
- 2016 MINI Clubman Detailed in Official Videos
- Woofcast #555: We Have a Petition for That
- MINI’s First Clubman Commercial is Out
- MINI Re-Brands & Re-Aligns its Strategy with an Eye On Car-Sharing
- The 2016 MINI Clubman – Just the Facts
- An Inside Look at the Design of the new MINI Clubman
- World Premier: The 2016 MINI Clubman
- 2016 MINI Clubman Photos Leaked on Facebook
- Is This the New AWD JCW Clubman?
MotoringFile on Instagram
- Deconstructing the BMW Concept Path 22
- Do You Need More than a 3 Series Diesel?
- BMW Team RLL – Sahlen’s Six Hour of the Glen Preview + The M6 GT3 Debuts
- New in the BF Garage: BMW G650 GS
- BMW Group Overall Winner at the Engine of the Year Awards 2015
- BMW E28 M5 Owner Featured by Petrolicious
- Video: BMW 7 Series Design and Driving Scenes
- BMW Rolls Out New 7 Series Ad Campaign
- Rumor: BMW in Advanced Stages of a Radical Return to Le Mans
- Worldwide BMW Sales Up 8% for May
- Recap: Amerivespa 2015 — Indianapolis, IN
- Scooter Vagabonding. Man Quits His Job, Rides Ruckus 30k Miles. (video)
- Change.org Petition Aims to Ban All Motorcycles In Hawaii
- Genuine Debuts New Buddy Color: Titanium Gloss
- Review: Vespa GTS 300 ABS by Just Gotta Scoot
- Ask SF: What’s the Best First Motorcycle for a Scooterist?
- Custom: The Hunter’s Honda Ruckus
- Review: 2015 Vespa GTS 300 Super ABS
- The EcoReco: We Want Your Questions
- Video: Four Friends, Three Vintage Vespas, One Epic Adventure
MINI Model Cheat Sheet
R50: One & MC Hatch
R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
R53: MCS Hatch
2nd Gen MINI
R60: MINI Crossover
R61: MINI Crossover Coupe
3rd Gen MINI
F55: Five Door Hatch
F60: MINI Crossover
Advertise with MotoringFile
MotoringFile Buyers GuidesR50 ('02-'06 MC) Buyers Guide
R53 ('02-'06 MCS) Buyers Guide
'12 JCW Coupe
'11 Fiat 500 Sport
'11 Tesla Roaster 2.5 '11 Countryman Comparo
'11 Cooper S Hatch
'11 Countryman MCS (FWD)
'11 Countryman MC (auto)
'10 Mayfair MCS (auto)
'11 Countryman MCS (ALL4)
'10 MINI E
'10 Tesla Roadster Sport
'09 Cooper S Convertible
'09 JCW Hatch
'09 JCW Clubman
JCW Stage I vs JCW Stage II
'08 Clubman S (Auto)
1st Drive: '08 MINI Clubman
'08 Smart Fourtwo
Comparison: '08 BMW 135i
'06 R53 MCS vs '07 R56 MCS
'07 R56 JCW (Stage 1)
'07 MINI Cooper S Long Term
'07 BMW Z4 M Coupe
'07 MINI Cooper & Cooper S
Audio: '07 MC/MCS at the Track
'06 JCW GP Long term
Reader Review: JCW GP
'06 JCW Cooper S Long Term
Comparison: '06 Lotus Elise
Comparison: '06 Mazda MX5
Comparison: '06 UK Focus ST
Comparison: '06 Civic Si
Comparison: '04 TVR T350
Comparison: '06 Nissan 350z
Comparison: '06 VW GTI w/DSG
Podcast: Cooper S Auto
Podcast: BMW 325i
Podcast: JCW MC Soundkit
'04 JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kit
'05 MCS: One Month Review
'05 MCS Auto
'05 JCW S 1st Drive
'05 MINI Cooper
'05 MCS Conv. Long Term
'05 MINI Cooper S
'05 MCS Cabrio 1st Drive
'04 JCW MCS First Drive
'04 MC w/JCW Tuning Kit
BMW M3 SMG Vs. MCS
'04 MINI Cooper CVT
'02 MCS 3 year Review
Autocrossing the MINI Range