The photos and specs are here. But there’s no better way to get a feel for the new Countryman than seeing it in motion.
For a quick recap here are the 14 most important facts we know about the new Countryman thus far.
– Cooper and Cooper S go on sale in March 2017, while Cooper S E ALL4 plug-in hybrid goes on sale in June 2017.
– Dramatic improvement in quality and equipment inside and out.
– From sub-compact to compact – the new Countryman is 8 inches longer than its predecessor.
– Five fully-fledged seats, clear increase in space and versatility.
– It’s heavier – 400 lbs heavier on some models.
– Power opening and closing tailgate.
– MINI’s first hybrid – MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4.
– New generation of engines and gearboxes, efficiency-optimized all-wheel drive system ALL4.
– Central instrument with touchscreen function for the first time.
– MINI Country Timer measures driving over demanding terrain.
– MINI Connected App as a personal assistant on a day-to-day basis and when traveling.
– MINI Picnic Bench: fold-out load loading sill cushion functions as a seat on the luggage compartment lid
– MINI Find Mate: everything you need on board at all times – or in view.
– Yes there’s a JCW version. It will debut in late 2017 at the Frankfurt Motor Show