The 2017 MINI Countryman pricing is here and it’s more or less what we expected. MINI is positioning the Countryman as a premium vehicle in both design, quality and now cost. Lets take a look.
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $26,100 for the Cooper variant and $28,100 for the Cooper ALL4 variant. The Cooper S variant will start at $29,100 and the Cooper S ALL4 variant at $31,100. All prices exclude the $850 Destination & Handling fee. Pricing for the first ever MINI plug-in hybrid model, the Cooper S E Countryman ALL4, will be announced in 2017 closer to market launch in the U.S.
This means that the base price of the Cooper has risen $3,350 over the R60. Having spent some time with both cars recently the reasons are obvious but here’s the big four: size, standard features, higher quality, higher levels of technology.
Lets talk about standard features. Every new Countryman comes standard with:
– Panoramic Sunroof (Can be deleted upon request)
– Comfort Access keyless entry
– 6.5” Visual Boost screen w/MINI Connected
– Enhanced Bluetooth supporting audio streaming and dual microphone telephony
– Dual-zone automatic climate control
– Automatic rain-sensing windshield wipers and automatic headlights
– Split-folding and sliding rear seats
– MINI Driving Modes ?
Many models include even more as standard.
Cooper ALL4 and Cooper S ALL4:
– Heated seats
Cooper S and Cooper S ALL4:
– LED Headlights with Cornering Lights – LED Fog lights?- 18″ Wheels?- Sport Seats?- MINI Excitement Package, including:
– Multicolor LED Center Instrument + Multicolor ambient lighting?- Driver’s mirror with logo projection
Now lets take a deeper look at these standard features and why MINI has increased the price $3000 on average.
Panoramic Sunroof (402)
– The large Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof provides incredible sky views and fresh air for front and rear passengers. (can be deleted upon request at no further cost).
Roof Rails (386)
– The roof rails highlights the Countryman’s utility and lay the foundation for roof rack and cargo accessories.
White Turn Signal Indicators (785)
Comfort Access (322)
– The added transceiver on your key allows you to leave the key in your pocket and still lock or unlock the car by only pressing a button on the front door handles.
Sliding and Reclining rear seat adjustment (4FD)
-Enhanced versatility with a sliding 3-section rear seating arrangement that
allows you to fold each section down independently or in unison
Rearview Camera (3AG) and Rear Park Distance Control (507)
– Provides increased safety and convenience while backing up or parking.
6.5” Visual Boost Screen (6FP) with MINI Connected (6NM)
– The 6.5” high-resolution display with MINI Connected keeps you connected – linking the driver directly to online music, driving information, in-car apps and more.
Enhanced Bluetooth and Audio Streaming (6NP)
– The Enhanced Bluetooth option includes Voice Command and extended connectivity functions such as Bluetooth audio streaming and dual cabin microphones for improved call quality.
Front Center Armrest (473)
– Ergonomically optimized armrest with integrated storage compartment, fixed to the center console.
MINI Driving Modes (4VA)
– Three driving modes (Sport, Green, and Mid)
Rain Sensor and Auto Headlights (521)
MINI Excitement Package (4V9) (Cooper S and Cooper S ALL4 only)
– Includes MINI logo projection from driver’s exterior mirror onto the ground, headlight and door handle welcome lighting, interactive multicolor center instrument ring, and adjustable multicolor ambient cabin lighting.
LED Headlights with Cornering (5A4) (Cooper S and Cooper S ALL4 only)
– The LED headlamps provide unparalleled brightness and feature a new surrounding LED design.
Heated Seats (494) (ALL4 models only)
– Front heated seats provides added comfort during cold weather.
– 17” silver Imprint Spoke alloy wheels (Cooper/Cooper ALL4)
– 18” silver Pair Spoke alloy wheels (Cooper S/Cooper S ALL4)
NOTE: 17” wheels are only available with Performance Tires. Must upgrade to 18” wheels for All-Season Tires
We’ll have much more on options pricing soon and CarPlay availability soon.
Official Press Release:
MINI USA announced pricing today on its all-new 2017 MINI Countryman, the best equipped MINI ever, with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $26,100 for the Cooper variant and $28,100 for the Cooper ALL4 variant. The Cooper S variant will start at $29,100 and the Cooper S ALL4 variant at $31,100. All prices exclude the $850 Destination & Handling fee. Pricing for the first ever MINI plug-in hybrid model, the Cooper S E Countryman ALL4, will be announced in 2017 closer to market launch in the U.S.
The all-new MINI Countryman has been completely redesigned and reengineered from the ground up, yet still is instantly identifiable as a MINI. Now incorporating BMW Group engine technology and vehicle architecture, the all-new MINI Countryman offers an all-turbocharged engine lineup with outstanding acceleration and the famous go-kart driving dynamics – especially when experienced with the added traction that comes from the latest generation of ALL4 all-wheel drive. At the same time, this new architecture delivers excellent ride quality and enables the most spacious MINI interior ever.
“The MINI Countryman has been a top selling model since it was first introduced in 2010 and we expect this new generation will be even more popular with existing owners, while also attracting new customers to the brand,” said Thomas Felbermair, Vice President MINI of the Americas. “The new Countryman not only provides customers with additional space for cargo and passengers, but also offers a new plug-in hybrid option with performance attributes that underline the fun to drive go-kart handling that MINI owners know and love.”
Like every MINI model in the product line up, options are available a la carte, as well as in bundled packages. This means customers can have the freedom to pay for only what they want or need or have the option to go with bundled packages.
Pre-Outfitted with Premium Feature
Although the new MINI Countryman continues the MINI tradition of offering an incredible array of possibilities for custom configuration, it is also the best equipped MINI ever sold, meaning customers will find that the car is already loaded before they’ve added any options. Every MINI Countryman will come standard with:
– an expansive Panorama Sunroof
– Sensatec Leatherette Upholstery
– Comfort Access keyless entry
– MINI Connected infotainment system with 6.5-inch high-resolution display
– Rear View Camera with guidelines
– Rear Park Distance Control (parking sensors)
– Bluetooth supporting Telephone, Audio Streaming, and Siri Eyes Free
– Automatic Headlights and Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
– Fore-and-Aft Sliding Rear Seats with Reclining and 40:20:40 Split-Folding Backrests
– 17-inch light alloy wheels (Cooper) or 18-inch light alloy wheels (Cooper S)
Models with ALL4 all-wheel drive also come standard with heated seats. Cooper S models (with and without ALL4) come with standard LED headlights and daytime running lights, bolstered sport seats, and 18-inch light alloy wheels.
In addition to the standard features highlighted above, the new MINI Countryman features a number of options to improve the overall experience for the driver and passenger using a completely new generation of technology. An optional Technology Package includes a new 8.8-inch touchscreen navigation system, featuring MINI Connected 5.0, a redesigned and new-generation user interface and operating system, as well as Qi wireless device charging capability and MINI Find Mate personal item tracking tags.
The new MINI Countryman will go on sale in March 2017 at MINI dealers across the U.S. with the MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 plug-in hybrid following in June 2017. Pricing for the plug-in hybrid will be announced in 2017 closer to market launch in the U.S.