After a long wait our Rebel Green JCW Countryman has finally landed in our hands. Our first order of business is of course to get to know this thing. And what better way is there to test a Countryman then taking it to the country? So we’ll be hitting the backroads of northern Wisconsin all weekend long putting a dent in the break-in process and getting some quality time behind the wheel.
JCW Countryman – Early Observations
– With no sunroof, manual transmission and manual seats this Countryman is very close in weight to our dear departed Clubman.
– Compared with our JCW Clubman with sport auto, performance feels close but the manual definitely gives up a few tenths in a drag race.
– Speaking off the manual – it really gives back so much engagement. The 8-speed auto is great but the manual is hands down more enjoyable to use.
– The utility of the hatch and taller luggage area has already come in handy packing for our trip.
– The look of this thing with the 19” wheels and JCW body kit is fantastic. Dare we say it, this might be the best proportioned MINI currently in production.
We’ll have much more once we’re out of the backwoods of Wisconsin. Until follow us on Instagram.com/MotoringFile