(Updated) – MINI is sending the R50 and R53 out with a bang in their last year of production. While the 2006 model year won’t offer nearly as many changes as the the 2005 brought us (or what the next generation MINI will bring us), there will certainly be a few surprises.
While we don’t know all the details at this point, we’ve learned enough to start sharing a few of them. Of course this is especially helpful for those wondering what’s coming down the pipeline over the next six to eight months and when to potentially buy their MINI. In an effort to come clean with all the info we have we’ve even added a few things to the list that have yet to be confirmed (marked with an asterisk).
- Several new colors added across the range.
- Electric Blue and possibly Jet Black will be dropped.* (updated)
- Silver Contrasting Roof.
- Several new wheel designs.
- JCW Engine upgrade available at the factory.
- JCW Sport Brake Kit available at the factory.*
- JCW suspension available at the factory.*
- Full Aerokit available at the factory.*
- Two new “special” options packages with at least one consisting JCW upgrades and Recaro seats.
In other related news, we’ve learned that the 2006 model year should being with September.
We’ll update this post as we know more.
* Not yet confirmed.