The boys at Worldcarfans have some new-ish pictures of a 2007 Cooper S testing mule hitting the Nurburgring. Nothing too shocking is revealed that we haven’t seen previously, just a few good perspectives on several expected changes. You can check it out below:
[ MINI Cooper S Spy Photos ] Worldcarfans.com
A couple of random thoughts on the photos:
– In the first few pictures we can see a sneak peak of the potential new MCS grille. Over a year a go we mentioned that the Cooper S would be going with a black grille that is more like the current Aero grille. With this latest picture, we seem to be seeing some evidence of that.
– Also mentioned in our original “Next Generation Revealed” story from last year was the lower air intake would be taking on a similar shape to the upper grille. In the first few photos you can see this design clearly.
– As we mentioned last year (I’m not even going to say which story – but you know!) the C pillar will not be covered in glass but will be an exposed piece of black plastic on the coupe and potentially body colored on the R55.
– The headlights are turned to the corners giving the front end of the car more of a curved shape. This will help visually hide the increased front overhang needed to pass new European pedestrian safety laws.
– Just wait until you see that side turn signal/vent 🙂
– The stock brakes looks slightly larger.
– The rear body work is stretched a few millimeters to allow for more room in the boot as we had seen in several previous photos
– The side rear windows will not open as some had theorized.
As always if you want more details check out the first story listed below….
[ Next Generation Revealed #2 ] MotoringFile
[ 2007 Cooper S Nurburgring Video ] MotoringFile
[ Next Generatin Cooper S at the Ring ] MotoringFile