We’ve got full details on the GP devliery program MINI USA announced last week. MINI will be building just enough of these cars in July to allow each dealer to submit one customer to participate in this unique Delivery Program. Since production does not resume on the GP until September, customers who participate will have bragging rights to be among the 80 of the first owners.
The GP Delivery Program Highlights
The GP customer will be able to choose between a West Coast or and East Coast Delivery, on a first come, first served basis. These exclusive events will bookend the MINI Takes the State cross country rally.
West Coast Program
This program will take place in beautiful Monterey, California during the Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races where Cooper is the feature Marque. Participants will take delivery of their car during a hand-over ceremony at the Laguna Seca Race track. This program takes place August 17th through August 21 st and includes:
– A 4 night stay at the Hyatt Regency, Monterey www.monterey.hyatt.com (August 17-21).
– Welcome reception (Evening of August 17th).
– Delivery Ceremony, including lunch with MINI executives (August 18).
– Dinner at a unique location- we have to have some surprises (August 18).
– Passes to the Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile races, including food and drinks at MINI BBQ island (August 19-20).
– A Parade lap at the world famous Laguna Seca Raceway (August 19).
– Access to the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance (August 20).
– Participation in the MINI Takes the States Road Rally kick-off California Beach Party (August 21). Participants are encouraged to join the Road Rally.
East Coast Program
This program will take place in Jersey City, New Jersey at a location overlooking the majestic Hudson River and the New York Skyline. Participants will take delivery of their car during a hand-over ceremony at Exchange Place Plaza. This program takes place from Saturday, September 2nd through Monday, September 4th and includes:
– A 4 night stay at the Hyatt Regency, Jersey City www.jerseycity.hyatt.com (Sept 2-4).
– Welcome dinner a a unique location (Evening of September 2nd).
– Delivery Ceremony, including brunch with MINI executives (Sept 3rd).
– Participation in the MINI Takes the States wrap party (Sept 3rd).
– passes to the Rolex Vintage Festival at Lime Rock Park www.limerock.com/events_rolex.htm including food and drinks at the MINI tent (Sept 4th). Participants are encourage to join the Rally to Lime Rock.
– Parade lap at Lime Rock (Sept 4th).
We will be offering the West Coast Program at a cost of $2,000 and the East Coast Program at a cost of $800 for each participant, including 1 guest. These programs do not include transportation to the event. The fee will be non-refundable payment by your selected customer to our Event Management Company.
Due to transportation times, the West Coast Program will only be available for 45 lucky (soon to be) owners.
We’ll have more information on the GP delivery program in the coming days and weeks.
Related: MotoringFile GP Articles (via search)
Comments are closed.