To close out the R53 Cooper S (and since they won’t be offering the GP), MINI Canada will be releasing a special edition of it’s own.
The “S.E.” will offer the following options into one high value package (pricing to be announced):
- 17″ Flame Spoke Wheels (same as the Checkmate Package)
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Chrome Line Interior
- Anthracite Roofliner
- Glass Sunroof
- Auto Dimming Mirror
- Heated Front Seats
- Front and Rear Foglights
- Rain Sensor with Auto Headlamp
- Harmon Kardon Sound
- POWER FOLD MIRRORS
This effectively means that the S.E. will be have the Sport & Premium Packages and H/K Sound ($4,775 Canadian) and Power fold mirrors (not previously available) all rolled into one.
Now the bad news… Apparently all Canadian Cooper S’s will be S.E.’s whether we like it or not. That means no more JCW package or Navigation. That said there are still a few options left on the table with this special edition. They are reported to be:
- Cockpit Chrono Package
- Auto Transmission
- Space Cloth / Leatherette / English Leather
- White / Black roof and mirror caps (depending on body colour)
- Anthracite High-Gloss Trim
- Optional 17″ S-Spoke Alloy Wheels
We’ll have more on the new Canadian special edition in the weeks ahead.
A big thanks to Albert the tip.