You heard it here first! This is the news many of us have been waiting for (including word of an Limited Slip Differential and Automatic for the MCS). The following are excerpts taken from an internal MINIUSA document about the official US 2005 model year changes (also expected in all other markets). You can download the entire document (PDF format) here. Note that what's below does not include much of what has been posted in our 2005 MINI Revealed article.
Exterior (listed for both the MC and the MCS)
- (A24) Purple Haze replaces Indi Blue (Black Eye Purple in the rest of the world)
- (A25) Astro Black replaces Cosmos Black (deep blueish black)
- (A28) Hyper Blue (Available 1/05 for the Cooper/possibly US only)
- (T6LP) Dark Blue leather available on MC & MCS (as seen in here)
- (T6PN) Panther Black Leather replaces Profile Panther Black (MC)
- (FTDN) Tartan Red/Octagon Black Cloth/Leather Combo is available on Sport Seats (as seen here)
- (K7TV) Gray leatherette with Gray interior (replaces Black Leatherette with Gray interior)
- (AHPN) Octagon Panther Black Cloth w/Black Interior replaces Kaliedo Panther black cloth w/black interior (Not Available on Cooper S)
- (T6LP) Lapis Blue Leather is Deleted from the Cooper S
- (T2EM) Emerald Greeen is deleted from the Cooper
- (2TA) Limited Slip Differential available on MCS with Manual starting 1/05
- (205/202) Automatic Transmission with Steptronic paddles available for MCS
- (318) Interior Surface Body Color. Now the dash and door panels are available for the Cooper S in Hot Orange, Cool Blue, Hyper Blue, Chili Red and Liquid Yellow. (Cooper S Only)
- (345) Chrome Line Interior: Chromed rings around all gauges, bezels around the hazard light button & dash light dimmer, inserts on the hand-brake, and rings around the gearshift and rear cup holders (as seen in Cabrio press photos)
- (346) Chrome Line Exterior:
MC: Chrome strip integrated into the front bumper
2 chrome strips for the rear bumper
chrome fog light surrounds
chrome mirror caps
MCS: Chrome radiator grill slats
chrome tailgate handle
chrome mirror caps
- (405) Chrome mirror caps are available separately
- (473) Center Armrest available starting 1/05
- (547) Cockpit Chrono Pack optional (oil pressure/temp, water temp, fuel gauges) to replace center speedo (as seen in Cabrio press photos)
- (ZCV) Convenience package (available 1/05):
Universal Garage Door Opener (available separately)
Auto Dimming rear view mirror
Rain Sensor & Auto Headlights.
Rear Fog Light will be blanked off with a plastic insert as the position of the light is not legal in CA or OR. MINI is recommending a dealer-installed accessory kit for persons who have a need for a rear
“All of these new items will complement the existing options and packages and pricing will be announced shortly. “.
The parenthesis indicate the MINIUSA order code. Bold added for emphasis.
Just a clarification: it appears that Hyperblue is available for the MCS and MCS convertible starting in July and not available on either Cooper model until 1/05.