Just want the facts of the new Countryman without the dry press release? We’ve culled through the massive press released to give you what we think are the 14 most important facts we know about the new Countryman thus far.
– Cooper and Cooper S go on sale in March 2017, while Cooper S E ALL4 plug-in hybrid goes on sale in June 2017.
– Dramatic improvement in quality and equipment inside and out.
– From sub-compact to compact – the new Countryman is 8 inches longer than its predecessor.
– Five fully-fledged seats, clear increase in space and versatility.
– It’s heavier – 350 lbs heavier on some models.
– Power opening and closing tailgate.
– MINI’s first hybrid – MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4.
– New generation of engines and gearboxes, efficiency-optimized all-wheel drive system ALL4.
– Central instrument with touchscreen function for the first time.
– MINI Country Timer measures driving over demanding terrain.
– MINI Connected App as a personal assistant on a day-to-day basis and when traveling.
– MINI Picnic Bench: fold-out load loading sill cushion functions as a seat on the luggage compartment lid
– MINI Find Mate: everything you need on board at all times – or in view.
– Yes there’s a JCW version. It will debut in late 2017 at the Frankfurt Motor Show