MINI Convertible Sidewalk Officially Debuts
MINI will be unveiling a new addition to its Convertible range at the 2007 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), when it presents the Sidewalk model for the first time on January 6 in Detroit.
MINI Convertibles have always combined great handling characteristics with the thrill of open-top motoring, but when the Sidewalk hits MINI dealers from April 2007, MINI fans will have the opportunity to get their hands on a fresh model boasting a raft of luxurious design enhancements.
Andy Hearn, General Manager for MINI UK, said: ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œThe MINI One Seven, Cooper Park Lane and Cooper S Checkmate editions of the MINI hatch have been hugely popular, with nearly 8,000 models sold in the UK in just 12 months. We are confident that Sidewalk will offer the same exclusivity and maximum value for Convertible customers. Undoubtedly it will reinforce MINIÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s unique position as a premium small car.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
The new Sidewalk model offers a host of exclusive and additional options, and is available on the One, Cooper and Cooper S. It includes a choice of four paintwork colours, Malt Brown English Leather upholstery, 17ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â Night Spoke light alloy wheels, bi-colour leather steering wheel and gear knob and special ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“SidewalkÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ interior trim, floor mats, sidewalk and door inserts.
Additional MINI options that are standard on Sidewalk models are Automatic Stability Control and Traction (ASC+T), multifunction leather steering wheel, mirror caps in body colour, chrome line interior, passenger seat height adjustment, sports seats, storage compartment pack, front fog lamps, manual air conditioning, on board computer, interior light pack and white indicators.
On the road prices are as follows:
MINI One Sidewalk: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â£16,910 MINI Cooper Sidewalk: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â£17,960 MINI Cooper S Sidewalk: Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â£20,235
Should a customer wish to specify these options on any other MINI Convertible, the cost of the extra kit would be approximately 25 per cent higher than if purchased as part of a standard package on the Sidewalk edition.
The MINI One and Cooper Convertible Sidewalk editions come with a five-speed manual gearbox, with the more powerful Cooper S version boasting a six-speed transmission. As an option, the MINI Cooper Convertible Sidewalk is available with a CVT transmission, while the MINI Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk may be fitted with a six-speed automatic transmission to further improve performance. Both auto gearboxes are equipped with a Steptronic function, providing a sportier driving experience.
The entire MINI line-up provides customers with an unrivalled opportunity to personalise their new car. Key to this is the extensive range of accessories available at dealers across the UK. The Sidewalk editions of the Convertible can be accessorized with cycle, surfboard and snowboard luggage racks, as well as the John Cooper Works tuning and styling kits.
Since its launch in 2004, the MINI Convertible has been a storming sales success and found itself a place deep in the hearts of British drivers. In 2005, MINI Convertible outsold its nearest competitor by a whopping 27 per cent. MINI is the UKÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s best-selling convertible car in 2006, with more than 8,500 models sold year-to-date. The range is set to receive a further boost when the MINI Convertible Sidewalk arrives early in 2007.
Source: MINI UK Press
Information on US pricing will follow shortly.
Written By: MF Staff
Sort by MINI model
- MINI JCW Accessories – Real-Life Photos
- MotoringFile at AMVIV 2015
- Opinion: Test-Driving Is Broken
- MF Garage: How Important Are The Right Wheels? This Important.
- Harry Hunt Joins MINI Motorsports for Dakar 2016
- International Mini Meet to Take Place in Lithuania This Weekend
- MF Garage: Summer Tires for Our 2015 Cooper S
- Exclusive: MINI USA’s 2016 Product Updates Include Some Major Surprises
- The MINI JCW In Detail
- Chris Bangle on The Future of Car Design
MotoringFile on Instagram
- Rumor: BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Scheduled for 2018 Release
- BMW celebrates 40 years of BMW Art Cars Throughout 2015
- Opinion: Test-Driving Is Broken
- What Did SCOTT26 Talk About This Week?
- Last Laps Around the ‘Ring for the M2
- World Premiere: BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage
- BMW Unveils the Special Edition BMW 435i ZHP Coupe
- BMW Announces New ConnectedDrive Portal and ConnectedDrive Store
- The 2016 BMW M4 GTS is Coming to the US!
- A Sneak Peak at the Future of BMW Motorsport: The M6 GT3
- Change.org Petition Aims to Ban All Motorcycles In Hawaii
- Genuine Debuts New Buddy Color: Titanium Gloss
- Review: Vespa GTS 300 ABS by Just Gotta Scoot
- Ask SF: What’s a Good Small Motorcycle for a Scooterist?
- Custom: The Hunter’s Honda Ruckus
- Review: 2015 Vespa GTS 300 Super ABS
- The EcoReco: We Want Your Questions
- Video: Four Friends, Three Vintage Vespas, One Epic Adventure
- Vespa Updates the GTV, Adds ABS and ASR
- Recommended Scooters from Just Gotta Scoot
MINI Model Cheat Sheet
R50: One & MC Hatch
R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
R53: MCS Hatch
2nd Gen MINI
R60: MINI Crossover
R61: MINI Crossover Coupe
3rd Gen MINI
F55: Five Door Hatch
F60: MINI Crossover
Advertise with MotoringFile
MotoringFile Buyers GuidesR50 ('02-'06 MC) Buyers Guide
R53 ('02-'06 MCS) Buyers Guide
'12 JCW Coupe
'11 Fiat 500 Sport
'11 Tesla Roaster 2.5 '11 Countryman Comparo
'11 Cooper S Hatch
'11 Countryman MCS (FWD)
'11 Countryman MC (auto)
'10 Mayfair MCS (auto)
'11 Countryman MCS (ALL4)
'10 MINI E
'10 Tesla Roadster Sport
'09 Cooper S Convertible
'09 JCW Hatch
'09 JCW Clubman
JCW Stage I vs JCW Stage II
'08 Clubman S (Auto)
1st Drive: '08 MINI Clubman
'08 Smart Fourtwo
Comparison: '08 BMW 135i
'06 R53 MCS vs '07 R56 MCS
'07 R56 JCW (Stage 1)
'07 MINI Cooper S Long Term
'07 BMW Z4 M Coupe
'07 MINI Cooper & Cooper S
Audio: '07 MC/MCS at the Track
'06 JCW GP Long term
Reader Review: JCW GP
'06 JCW Cooper S Long Term
Comparison: '06 Lotus Elise
Comparison: '06 Mazda MX5
Comparison: '06 UK Focus ST
Comparison: '06 Civic Si
Comparison: '04 TVR T350
Comparison: '06 Nissan 350z
Comparison: '06 VW GTI w/DSG
Podcast: Cooper S Auto
Podcast: BMW 325i
Podcast: JCW MC Soundkit
'04 JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kit
'05 MCS: One Month Review
'05 MCS Auto
'05 JCW S 1st Drive
'05 MINI Cooper
'05 MCS Conv. Long Term
'05 MINI Cooper S
'05 MCS Cabrio 1st Drive
'04 JCW MCS First Drive
'04 MC w/JCW Tuning Kit
BMW M3 SMG Vs. MCS
'04 MINI Cooper CVT
'02 MCS 3 year Review
Autocrossing the MINI Range